Non-toxic pet safe ice melt and traction control pellets
KMI IceMelt traction aid contains no salt and is composed of high purity, organically certified zeolite, a highly absorbent liquid sponge that does not break down.
The zeolite uses heat energy from the sun to generate heat on the ice surface which breaks down the ice allowing the mineral to absorb the moisture.
The remains can be swept away into lawns and gardens, it is non-toxic to pets. IceMelt will not burn or harm lawns like traditional ice melt products. We have gathered some additional research in our Applications section to help you learn more about this product.
How it works
1. Sprinkle ice melt traction aid over frozen surface
2. Clinoptilolite and solar energy melt the ice surface, leaving a layer of surface water.
3. Zeolite absorbs the remaining surface water in its helical substructure.
4. The zeolite embeds into remaining ice creating a high traction surface.
Naturally Benefits Our Environment
- Aerates soil through its porous ‘honeycomb’ structure
- Releases nutrients and minerals back to plants slowly
- Retains water in the soil medium longer reducing watering requirements
- Reduces lawn damage from dog urine as it neutralizes the ammonia before it burns the grass
- Absorbs and removes heavy metals from lakes, rivers and sewage
- Filters the air from noxious fumes and absorbs nuisance odors
- Even absorbs the residual white sodium staining caused by salt and ice smelts
Safe for You, Your Family and Your Property
- Safe to touch or accidentally ingest by children, pets and wildlife
- Will not burn or damage grass or plants
- Will not corrode or damage brick, stone or uncured concrete
- Will not rust vehicles or metal landscaping elements
- Will not stain clothing or carpets
- Does not contain any carcinogenic silica dust like sand
- Contains no salt, chlorides, chemicals, or dyes
- Resists freezing or clumping
- Accelerates ice melting by absorbing solar radiation
- Simply sweep zeolite onto your lawn and garden in the spring, or collect for re-use the following winter
- Or re-use for multiple other household applications
- Zeolite is 100% natural and organic certified without any added chemicals. It is developed from volcanic minerals and is the safest and most environmentally friendly solution to slippery walkways.
- The effectiveness of Zeolite lies in the ability of its porous honeycomb structure to absorb the microscopic layer of surface water present on ice patches. As Zeolite absorbs the surface water it will embed itself directly into the ice or snow. Once embedded, Zeolite creates a natural layer of superior sandpaper-like traction.
- Zeolite will not harm pedestrians or animals through contact exposure or ingestion. Unlike sand or gravel, remaining Zeolite will create superior traction once
embedded into the ice surface, preventing pedestrians from falling and any subsequent injuries or lawsuits as well as preventing relocation of the product in buildings and excessive product usage.